If you work at Screenflex you probably know Tom Courtney. Tom’s co-workers find his levity to be quite entertaining around the office. Tom was awakened this morning at 3:30 a.m. by his four-year-old son Andrew, so he might not be as perky today as usual.
Tom says what he likes most about his job, is working with and building relationships with the vendors and partners. Tom started with Screenflex a little over 18 years ago and his short-lived career in Sales, was followed by Managing Operations and Manufacturing.
Here’s what Tom says in his employee highlight:
- What is your favorite Screenflex memory? It’s hard to boil it down to just one, but I think seeing the company grow and change over the last 18 years has been most rewarding and memorable.
- What do you do? It says Operations and Purchasing Manager on my business card.
- Do you have any hobbies? I enjoy woodworking, golf, and fishing.
- Do you have any pets? Yes, I have a cat. Funny story you want to share…she was a stray, and we found her begging for scraps outside a Prime Rib joint. So, needless to say, she has a pretty good appetite.
- Do you have a favorite vacation spot? My family and I spend a lot of time in Southwest Lower Michigan, but really anywhere on the water is just fine with me.
- What is your hometown? Darien, IL
- What is your favorite movie? Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- What is your favorite Screenflex product? More of a component than a product, but I like the Self-Leveling Casters.
- Where do you like to shop? Home Depot
- What would you do if you had a million dollars? Pay off my bills, and take a vacation.
I hear that every year Tom’s co-workers compete against Tom’s cat Ally (yes, I said cat) in the NCAA Final Four bracket. Ally picks teams by who the mascot is, and she his a tough act to beat.