Measuring the Stability of Your Room Divider
Screenflex Room Dividers – Offering the Best Stability in Room Dividers
What features do church leaders look for in Portable Room Dividers?
1) Stability: In measuring the stability of a Portable Room Divider, the equation to remember is W + W=S (Weight plus Width equals Stability). Much like the flag holders in your church, it is the combination of weight and width at the bottom of the flag holder which prevents the flag from falling over. Similarly, a wide end frame made of steel is obviously much more stable than one made of lightweight metal.
2) Flexibility/Versatility: Nothing is as constant as change is a popular (and true) saying. Odds are the needs/uses of Portable Room Dividers in your church are not the same today as they were 6 months ago or for that matter yesterday! Thus an important feature in a Portable Room Divider is its flexibility (ability to be configured in various shapes) and versatility (can it be set up/taken down/moved to another room quickly and easily?)
3) A visual block between classes: Out of sight, out of mind is cliche but true. If one child (or adult) can’t see another during class they cannot be distracted by that person. In this regard, much like ourselves, all dividers are equal.
4) Sound Absorbency: Sound absorbency to keep sound confined in each room is important. Or is it?? Remember the last time you went out to dinner with family or friends? In all likelihood, you could hear the entire discussion taking place at your table in the restaurant even though there may be a dozen other groups at tables around you having discussions as well. Could you hear what they were saying? If you think about it, your answer is probably No I couldn’t. Experts call the extraneous noise such as described above white noise because much like the color white it’s there, but nobody pays attention to it. I have heard several teachers say, If I can control the student’s sight, I can control the student.
Screenflex Room Dividers ~ Selecting from the top of the line colors
Bottom line, sound absorbency is available with most Screenflex Room Dividers to at least some degree. However, that feature is not anywhere near as important in creating an environment conducive to learning by simply creating a visual block.
5) Self-Leveling Casters: No floor is perfectly level, not in my church and not in yours. Self-leveling casters read the floor and thus help keep the divider level/stable.
6) A wide choice of heights, lengths, colors, and options: While the need for Portable Room Dividers is common among churches, the specific height and length needed and colors/options desired may vary.
The Sunday school class example above is only one of many ways church leaders are making better use of their existing space with Portable Room Dividers. Other uses include creating needed temporary rooms for VBS programs, childcare, blood drives, wedding showers and much, much more. By making more efficient use of their space and not building, leaders are saving their congregation’s money in a big, BIG way.