Value of Being Green
Screenflex Room Dividers are made of 76% recycled materials! We are on the brink of serious eco-effects on our planet. Let’s all go green! Preserve and protect the environment. We only have a limited supply of natural resources that we are consuming faster than they are being replenished. We can improve air and water quality by reducing pollution that is killing our food supply.
This infographic shows the value of being green and how even consumers prefer products that are eco-friendly. Even in an economic downturn, consumers still demand green products. Safety, health and energy-saving is priority.
Just for fun, see below this infographic for some interesting recycling facts and figures.
Screenflex Room Dividers Fun Recycling Facts
- One recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours!
- One recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
- One recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 3 hours.
- 70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making it from raw materials.
- 20 recycled cans can be made with the energy needed to produce one can using virgin ore.
- Tossing one aluminum can wastes as much energy as pouring out half of that can’s volume of gasoline.
- 87% of Americans have access to curbside or drop-off paper recycling programs.
- Producing recycled paper takes 40% less energy than producing paper from virgin wood pulp.
- Using recycled scrap paper instead of virgin material saves 7,000 gallons of water per ton of paper produced.
- Recycling steel and tin cans save between 60 and 74 percent of the energy used to produce them from raw materials.
- 75 percent of all water used in the household is used in the bathroom.
- A full bath tub uses 70 gallons of water. A 5-minute shower only uses 10-25 gallons.
Now let’s work together to recycle!
For more information about Screenflex Room Dividers visit our website: www.screenflex.com or call 1-800-553-0110