Why use a Honeycomb Core for Screenflex Room Dividers?
In the center of our portable room divider panel is a honeycomb core. Why do we use a honeycomb core?
- Our honeycomb core helps keep our product light weight. Each portable room divider weights from 85-240 lbs. The core helps keep the dividers lighter.
- The 3/4″ closed cell honeycomb core helps to trap sound. The state of the art acoustical panel absorbs more sound providing unlimited partitioning possibilities.
- The core also delivers extra strength and stability and is a better bond to the fiberglass facing.
Part of our core is the fiberglass facing. Why use a fiberglass facing in our room dividers?
- The 10 lb. compressed fiberglass facing is bonded to both sides of the honeycomb core. The fiberglass assists with reducing sound by absorbing sound.
- Non-woven fiberglass accepts tacks, push pins and staples allowing you to create instant training rooms, extra classrooms and the perfect place to display posters, pictures etc.
- Fiberglass is strong for its weight and generates a fire rating for our room dividers.
The core is surrounded by a 26 gauge galvanized steel frame. Why use a galvanized steel frame?
- The steel frame adds great strength and durability. The frame adds rigidity and exceptional screw holding ability.
After doing a little investigating about the core of our Screenflex room dividers I found that every layer has a purpose. The entire process enhances the panel’s tackability, sound absorbency, and strength of our dividers. There are many years behind working on the engineering our room dividers. Enjoy the possibilities that our room dividers have to offer.