When deciding to buy a room divider many questions can arise. Here are some helpful answers to the most
Frequently Asked Questions About Screenflex Portable Partitions
- Are Screenflex room dividers environmentally-friendly? Eco-friendly or “Green” are the buzz words today. Screenflex, along with a growing number of consumers care about the changes happening to our environment. We are trying to do our part by manufacturing 76% of our products from recycled materials.
- How is the room divider height determined? All heights are measured from the floor up, to the top of the divider. Also, each room divider panel has a position control knob on top which help keep the unit open and straight. The position controllers add 3/4″ to the top of the room divider.
- How much room is open from the bottom from the room divider to the floor? Caster clearance along the bottom of the divider is 5 3/4″ high on our freestanding and heavy-duty or wall mount models. The clearance on the simplex room dividers is 2 7/8″ high.
- What is the Screenflex warranty? Screenflex products are warranted to be free from defect in material and workmanship for three years from invoice date.
- How do I activate my Warranty? Go to warranty registration.warranty registration and register your products.
- Can I switch out my panels to change the color? We do not recommend changing more than a couple of panels, so the unit stays square.
- Do you sell fabric to match the room dividers? You can purchase fabric to match the panel. We have 24″ widths available.
- Can I steam clean my room divider? No, the interior is a honeycomb cardboard and a high level of moisture will compromise the panels.
- Do you sell washable room dividers for hospitals, pharmacies or other health care settings? Yes, we do offer six vinyl choices to cover the panels. The vinyl is washable but not tackable.
- Do you have a door that will accommodate a wheelchair? We recommend using a double swinging door, which is a 44″ wide opening.
- What can I use to hang photos or papers on my room dividers? You may use push pins, T pins, staples, or thumb tacks. Velcro or our art hangers can be used for heavier items.
- Can I get a shorter height panel in the middle of a unit? No, the hinges are designed to go to the top of the panel. Two different heights would not work.
- Can I put a door in the middle of my unit? No, a door must attach to the unit’s end frame.
- Can I make my room divider longer? The longest unit The longest unit we make is 24′ 1″. You can not add panels to an existing unit, however, you can create a longer unit by attaching two or more units together to using a multi-unit connector.
- Can I take off a panel to make the room divider a shorter length? The legs fold in when the room divider is closed. If a panel is removed, the unit will not fold correctly. An option would be to simply keep the first panel folded against the end frame.
- Can I remove the casters to shorten the height of the unit? The room divider would fall over if the casters were removed.
- I’m not sure what will fit in my space, do you have a design department? Yes, we have a department that will design a plan for you, and provide you with a 3-D drawing of your room.
- Are the dividers sound proof? The room dividers are sound absorbing. The configuration and set up you use will determine the amount of sound that is absorbed. We do not sell them as a sound proof wall.
For more frequently asked questions about Screenflex products, see our FAQs page.. Feel free to post your own questions below. We welcome your opinion!